Sunday, November 6

Annnnnnd we're back!



Sorry it's been such a long hiatus from making music boxes. Truth be told, I've been away.. learning and stretching my skills, taking walks on my lunch breaks and composing more music box music.
But the past month.. I've visited a few places and found inspiration in the unlikeliest of spots, a clock shop. While taking a trip to Cincinnatti, a friend and I travelled to a clock shop seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Wonderful stuffs. There were gravity clocks, grandfather clocks, church carillions, fishbowl clocks, cloisonne clocks, scissor clocks, cuckoo clocks (well, you get the general idea). I came back from that trip with my mind just buzzing with ideas. And not just clocks, but lamps, chairs, music boxes...
Here are just a few of the new offerings:

The Ebony Music box, possibly the lowest prim music box I've ever made.
It really is only 4 prims, and is still animated. Key winds, lid opens, and I'm really proud of it.

This music box, Wild Pumpkin, is actually slightly older, but I figured I needed to get it out there. This music box utilized sculpted animation.. touch the pumpkin, the lid opens and two tentacles slowly creep out, feel about and then go back in.

and then we have Gone Fishing. This is a direct result of some of the inspiration I got while in Cincinnatti. It also feels more.. I don't know.. like I put more of my own heart into this one than I have a lot of my music boxes in the past year. It just feels really special. Touch it, and the heartshaped key winds, the fish light up gently and go round and round while a patient little kitty watches. It plays my own arrangement of "Two Minuets" by JS Bach..

I do hope you take a moment to stop by the store and see these.. that one in particular. It just.. feels special to me, and I hope you enjoy it and can see your own reason to find it "special" too.

C.Capalini

As always, all items can be viewed in store, and are available on Marketplace HERE.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete